1. The Supreme Court to hear plea seeking ‘Opt Out’ Option For Symptomatic Students Without RT-PCR Test for December 2021 exams.
2. The application filed by Sanjeev K Arora, a prospective candidate of the CA Exam scheduled to be held between December 5, 2021, to December 19, 2021, has sought for directing the ICAI to not call for RT PCR reports from symptomatic candidates and consider medical certificates sufficient for shifting the candidates to the next cycle of examination.
3. The application stated that insistence on an RTPCR report (within 72 hours) for the examination scheduled to be held from 05.12.2021 to 19.12.2021, is impracticable and unfeasible for the students preparing to write the exams as the examination cycle lasts for 15 days and not a single day stint and it is impracticable to get the RTPCR report after every 2nd exam. The application seeks directions to make alternative arrangements for the symptomatic students/ having a fever to appear in the upcoming exams scheduled to be conducted in December 2021.
4. The application further stated that especially when the CA Final Old Course Students would be writing their last attempt, the impugned notification does specify any ‘Opt-out’ scheme in respect of candidates who suffer from fever or any COVID-19 related symptoms Provide for any alternative arrangements in respect of such candidates who are willing to write the exam despite the fever SOP in cases of Non- Covid related fever.
5. It has also been contended that the notification dated November 8 is in contravention of the Top Court’s order dated June 30, 2021, and guidelines issued by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Guidelines dated September 2, 2020, revised on September 10, 2020.