Swiss Re Job Openings On 23/09/2023.Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime. We cover both Property & Casualty and Life & Health. Combining experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise, we create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 14,000 employees across the world.
Swiss Re Recruiting CA Inter/Qualified, CFA Level 1/ 2 / qualified or Post graduation in Finance with 02-06+ years experience for Accountant position.Complete Details for the Accountant as follows.In your position you will be mainly supporting the IFRS 17 related work of the global P&C business. Currently the IFRS 17 work is on the project side and effective 2024 it will be the BAU. In this role you will perform various tasks to ensure the delivery of IFRS 17 results along with project team. In addition to IFRS work, there would be existing BAUs that needs to be supported as well. The candidate will decide and act with a degree of autonomy in practice areas within the delegated authorities.
Important Details :
- Location :Bengaluru
- No of Vacancies:NA
- Details of Salary: NA
- Opening date for online Application: 23/09/2023
- Mode of application :Online
Job Description/Skills Required
About The TeamThe Global (Re) Insurance Accounting & Reporting department in Group Finance is responsible for the close process and financial reporting of – mainly – Property & Casualty (P&C) business. It covers all accounting bases – US GAAP, Statutory and Economic Value Management (EVM) – and consists of units taking care of Intragroup retrocessions (IGR), external retrocessions, non-traditional business, P&C EVM Reporting and Master Data Management.The department is also responsible in the production of IFRS 17 results for both Group & eventually local entities.
- CA Inter/Qualified, CFA Level 1/ 2 / qualified or Post graduation in Finance
- Experience between 2 – 6 years, in a role relevant to Accounting or Financial Reporting
- Insurance or reinsurance experience preferable
- Exposure to any valuation system is an added advantage (like IFRS, Solvency, US GAAP, etc.,)
- Experience in working in a complex process environment required
- Experience in working in cross-functional teams
- Ability to clearly summarize the key findings on all tasks you perform
- Demonstrate personal accountability and dedication for area of responsibility
- A good learning attitude is a must
- Team player, good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and spoken skills in English