“Tell me about yourself” is one of the most hair-raising questions that a fresher would face while sitting for an interview. -This question is a crafty one placed in front of the candidate by the interviewer, this is so because the interviewer already knows some details about the candidate from the resume submitted. However, still, the reason behind this question being asked is that he wants to know the candidates’ attitude towards the work, what are the values that he brings into the company and how well he fits into the job.
One cannot deny the fact that this question is one of the best keys to prove that you are the best for the given job, this is so because having seen hundreds of candidates similar to you, the interviewers expect for that one answer which would correctly light the candle.
Hierarchy of Information to be Included
1. Start with a formal greeting: Use the following wordings like accordingly Good morning (or) Good afternoon (or) Good Evening
2. Tell your Name: My name is XY / I am XY
3. Location: I am from XXX / I was born and raised in XXX/ I grew up in XXX.
4. Projects/internship undertaken: Include the topic, name of the company, type of the work done, awards won, experience gained
5. Qualifications: I am a …. Graduate from XYZ University.
6. Additional Qualifications: courses done, language proficiency
7. Adjectives to describe yourself
8. Hobbies/passion/strengt-hs and weakness
9. Fun Fact (optional)
10. Describe some points on how well you fit in the job
Rules so be Kept in Mind
1. Always sound enthusiastic.
2. Maintain eye-contact
3. Use hand gestures
4. Don’t sound lie a robot (don’t memorize)
5. Don’t stammer
6. Sound confident all along with your introduction.
7. Don’t take beyond a minute.
8. Be the best yourself
9. Don’t round the bush
0. Reduce the use of superlatives
11. Present the content in quite an intelligent way
Tricks to Follow While Jotting Down your Answer
1. Research about the company and the job offered.
2. Link your projects with the job offered.
3. Shape your answer based on the company.
4. Write down something more other than that mentioned in the resume.
5. Put in at most energy in your wordings.
6. Always maintain a sense of Formality.
7. Practice in front of the mirror.
To conclude, try to give your best possible answer to this question in the most confident manner as this will decide the flow of the interview, and this will put forward your first impression on the table.
Hope you guys find it useful. All The Best!