1. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India ( ICAI ) has launched a website on Disciplinary Mechanism to deal with cases and complaints related to the conduct of Chartered Accountants.
2. In an email sent by President CA Atul Kumar Gupta said that the robust disciplinary mechanism which derives strength from the provisions of the Chartered Accountants Act 1949 is the backbone of the profession and perhaps, the professional excellence which is associated with the professional work executed by us is an outcome of the same.
3. He also said that The ICAI’s disciplinary mechanism has primarily three limbs, the Director (Discipline), the Board of Discipline, and the Disciplinary Committee.
4. The Institute has always remained at the technological forefront and strives for harnessing technology for process automation and knowledge dissemination. Some of our recent technology-driven initiatives like Unique Document Identification Number (UDIN), Digital Competency Maturity Model, and Digital Learning Hub are well recognized, used, and acknowledged by members, students as well as various professional organizations in India and abroad. Similarly, a need has been felt for the digitization of disciplinary function.
5. The digitization of the entire disciplinary mechanism is a mammoth task in itself keeping in view of its voluminous and complex nature of work, however, we are pleased to share with you all that after successful implementation of E-hearing during this Council year, now we have taken one more small step in the direction of digitization by developing a separate portal (https://disc.icai.org) specifically for disciplinary mechanism wherein all pertinent information is readily available like the procedure to file a complaint (physically or through e-filing), Cause List, Orders passed by the Disciplinary Committee, Committee compositions, details of the meeting(s), amongst others for the benefit of various stakeholders, he also added.