Taxpayers have filed Income Tax return successfully for claiming refund of tax but along with filing, they are required to pre-validate their bank accounts also in which you want to claim your refund.
Once the pre-validation of bank account has been done, you are required to link your PAN (Permanent Account Number) with your bank account. In case the PAN is not linked with the bank, you will not be able to get refund of the ITR.
Therefore, in order to proceed for refund, firstly you are required to link your PAN with bank account in which you want to claim refund and then pre-validate that particular bank on the portal of E-filing. This is one time simple process to do.
In case your bank account and PAN are not linked, that linking process can be done with your bank branch.
On 1st March, 2019, Income Tax department has made an announcement that it will issue only E-refunds.
Step by step Process of pre-validating Bank on Income Tax portal :
- Login or register, as the case maybe at E-filing portal i.e. incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in .
- Go to profile setting tab, there is an option to select “Pre-validate your bank account” option.
- In case you have already pre-validated any bank account, it will automatically reflect there but in case of no pre-validation, you have to add the bank details by clicking on ADD.
- Once you click on add button, a form containing the details of bank account like account number, branch, IFSC code, contact details etc. will be open.
- After filing the details, click on pre-validate option and a message will be open as “your request for pre-validating bank account has been submitted “
- Status of process will be sent to your registered mail id as well as mobile number.