TCS iON (one of the largest recruiters of engineering graduates in the country), a unit of IT major Tata Consultancy Services has partnered with All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), which is the national-level apex advisory and regulatory body for technical education to provide students with a digital learning course to equip them with career skills.
Highlights of the course:
- Help students to develop better career skills to help them stand out in the competitive hiring scenario.
- Free 20 hour-career skills course.
- Topics covering like Corporate etiquette, effective e-mail writing, impactful presentations and IT awareness.
- The course will be available for students of more than 10,000 AICTE approved institutions through TCS iON Digital Learning Hub in any device.
- Help in improving placement opportunities for institutions.
Motive behind launching the course
There is a gap in students’ competencies in terms of career skills. While students may have strong academic performance, the lack of basic soft skills such as effective communication and interpersonal skills may result in these students missing out on job opportunities, said by TCS iON Global Head Venguswamy Ramaswamy. He further added, with this programme, we want to enhance the quality of talent pool. It is not only for us but will help the industry at large.