Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
1. The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs ( CBIC ) has removed the Two Customs officers CBICinvolved in Smuggling Cases
2. Two Customs officers of the Customs Preventive Commissionerate, Cochin, who were involved in gold smuggling cases were removed from service by CBIC Shri Sumit Kumar, Commissioner of Customs ( Preventive), Cochin.
3. The two officers involved are :-
a) Shri Radhakrishnan 13, Superintendent of Customs. who was involved in attempted smuggling of Gold weighing 24998.61 Grams, having a Market Value of Rs. 8.17.45,455/- through Trivandrum International Airport or. 13.05.2019, against whom detention order under COPEPOSA was Issued by the Central Economic Intelligence Bureau, under the Ministry of Finance, New Delhi and presently lodged in Central Prison, Trivandrum.
b) Shriga1.1. inspector of Customs, who was involved in the attempted smuggling of Gold weighing 11,035.54 grams valued at Rs 4,05,88,569 through Kannur International airport on 19.08.2019, against whom also detention order under COFEPOSA was issued but the same could not be executed so far as he is absconding
4. The cases above were booked and investigated by the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence and while Show Cause Notice under Customs Act 1962 has been issued against Shri. Radhakrishnan. an investigation is under progress in the other case. Both the officers were removed from service, after due process of law under Rule 19 of the Central Civil Services (Classification. Control and Appeal) Rules, 1965.
5. The actions were initiated, in line with the Government of Indices policy of least tolerance towards corruption and swift action against tainted officers.