Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
State Bank of India (SBI) has issued a warning for its customers. Amid rising fraud incidents, customers need to be careful. Through ATMs fraud is being done apart from online transactions. To keep bank accounts safe and secure, SBI has given some advice to its customers.
Mistakes that has been advised by the bank for their customers not to do:
1. Do not share OTP (one time password), PIN number, debit or credit card CVV number with any one, according to the State Bank. Most of the frauds are on phone calls, by asking you to change password, OTP or CVV number written on the back of your card and also warn you to block your card.
2. Avoid saving bank account details on the phone. There is a risk of your details being disclosed by saving a bank account number, password, ATM card number or taking a picture of it.
3. ATM cards should be used by you only. Do not share details of ATM cards to anyone. This can lead to details of your bank account leak.
4. Online transactions with public devices, open networks and free Wi-Fi zones should be avoided by customers. Customer’s personal information can be leaked by doing this.
5. Sensitive information like user ID, PIN, password, CVV, OTP, VPA (UPI) are never asked by SBI or any other bank.