Minister of State for Finance & Corporate Affairs Shri. Anurag Singh Thakur clarifies that, “Representations have been received from certain quarters but, no specific proposal to extend the last date for filing IT returns for salaried class and others is under consideration at present.”;
While considering the practical difficulties of taxpayers, the due date for issue of Form No. 16 has already been extended from 15th June, 2019 to 10th July, 2019 recently when Government has changed Form 16 (certificate for tax deduction) and Form 24 Q (quarterly statement of tax deducted) vide notification dated 12th April, 2019, to include more detailed information in these forms for the purpose of reducing compliance burden of employers. These forms provides the following additional information :
- Clause wise details of various allowances exempt under section 10 of the Income-tax Act, 1961
- Amount of standard deduction;
- Section wise details of deduction under Chapter VIA of the Act;
- Details of rebate under section 87A of the Act;
- PAN of the lender, if the interest on housing loan is claimed under section 24(b) of the Act on loan taken from a person other than a Financial Institution or the employer.