You are CA Qualified, Congratulations!!!!
You have kept lot of your efforts and time to come to this stage. Then WHAT’s NEXT??
Some of you might want to join in Practice and some wish you join in Industry. If you wish you join in Big-4 Accounting Firms??.. getting into Big 4 accounting firms is not an easy task, but it is NOT IMPOSSIBLE., you can make it if you could follow simple steps, few insights below.
Big 4 Accounting Firms-
The Big 4 are the four largest international professional services firms below.
- Ernst & Young (EY)
- Price Waterhouse Coopers (PWC)
The major categories of services offered-
- Auditing and attestation
- Actuary, Merger & Acquisitions.
- Tax consulting
- Internal control, risk and governance services
- Forensic Services
You need to first decide on in which service you want to get in, in the recent years along with the customary Internal Audit and Statutory and Taxation – Merger&Acquisitions, Fraud Investigation, Transfer pricing are in worth considering because of the Globalization and recent scenarios in India.
Mode of Recruitment-
- ICAI Campus placements (Coming Feb-Mar 2019)
- Placement drives
- One on one hire through job portals
- Internal referrals
Internal referrals plays a crucial role – if you have contacts over there, circulate your profile to overcome from huge competition from other processes.
- Initial HR interview
- Written test,Communication test
- First/Second Technical round(s)
- Partner/Director round
- Final HR Round
For placing in Big-4 you need to do some ground work, few below
- Prepare your CV simple and clear, try to make your CV to reach the Big-4 offices through your contacts.
- Decide on which Area of Service you want to work in.
- On the Chosen Service, learn thoroughly and in depth since the Employer will test you on each and every point from start to end.You need to Technically Strong!!
- Be confident and Honest in your communication.
- You need to be aware of other recent Finance topics,Case Laws/studies and Issues like Budget 2019, GST amendments etc.
- Do research about the Big-4 history and the services they offer.
- Apart from your studies and work what you do additionally?? Reading Professional Books – Journals – Magazines.
- Ask questions which makes the interviewer to show interest in you.