ITR-1 and ITR-2 can be used by all salaried individuals for filing their return of income having due date 31st July, 2019.
Go through the list of documents which will help you to file your return smoothly:
- AADHAR Card: It is mandatory to file return of income with Aadhar card number from 1st April, 2019. In case you have applied for aadhar card and it is not issued yet, you can use enrollment Id
- Form – 16 : It is a TDS certificate issued by the employer which certify that the TDS has been deducted and deposited on the income of the employee. New Form -16 is also issued by the government from this financial year 2019-2020 which comprises details of all components of salary, deductions, allowances and exemptions.
- Form 16A : It is also TDS certificate issued in case of TDS deduction on other than salary income such as interest income on fixed and recurring deposits. your bank issues Form-16A containing all details of income and tax deducted amount.
- Form 26AS : It is a consolidated statement which includes details of all the financial transactions occurred during the relevant year.
- Interest certificate from banks and post offices: The return of income requires to be filled all income earned by person which include the interest also that is credited by the banks in their account. It can be interest on Saving, Fixed deposit etc. All banks are required to issue that certificate as a supportive document.
- Bank Statements : All the bank accounts are required to be submitted while filing the return of income and the income sources are also be taken from the credit side of the bank statements.
- Proof of deductions to be claimed : If you are going to claim any deductions , you must have a supporting documents like for Section 80C, 80CCC, 80CCD, you must have a tax saving investment certificate.
- Other documents : it may include previous year ITR.