1. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India ( ICAI ) is developing a skill grid for Chartered Accountants Students undergoing Article Training, said ICAI President CA Atul Kumar Gupta.
2. ICAI President also said that “We should also acknowledge that the Accountancy profession is highly dynamic and requires persistent value addition in education delivery and curriculum.
3. The 3-year article-training program of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is a path-breaking system of the upskilling students that cannot be achieved merely by theoretical education”.
“Its purpose is to provide candidates with a comprehensive and intricate practical knowledge. We are in the process of developing a skill grid for the students undergoing article training to assess the inculcation of relevant skill sets.”
“With changing environment, delimitation of jurisdiction, new ways of doing business and disruptive technology where the need of the hour is to re-skill ourselves; we need to see that our students are generation next professionals who are ready for new-age jobs”, ICAI President said.
4. CA Atul Kumar Gupta also added that “One of the ICAI Past Presidents, CA. Y.H. Malegam, once mentioned that the growth of the Profession lies where every member has requisite skills rather few excel.
5. We need to develop an eco-system where training to the students is so comprehensive that they are not the only masters in aptitude but also bring in right and righteous attitude which will determine their altitude and will bring laurels to Profession.
6. We are working on a mechanism to assess skills on a continuous basis with appropriate interventions. While it is imperative for the students to have a zest for knowledge; it is the principals who will monitor and guide students in their all-round development.
7. Members should encourage the students to maintain an electronic record of practical training to match with skill grid”.