ICAI has recently issued a notification for introduction of objective type questions for students appearing for May 2019 Exam and onwards. There would be MCQ type questions of about 30% in four papers of both IPCC and Finals. There would be no negative marking. 30% of the scores, would now compulsorily be based on Multiple Choice Questions. Thus ICAI examination pattern has now changed for May 2019 and subsequent examinations.
4 subjects Intermediate Level:
- Corporate and Other Laws
- Auditing & Assurance
- Enterprise Information System & Strategic Management
4 subjects at Final level:
- Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics
- Corporate and Economic Laws
- Direct Tax Laws and International Taxation
- Indirect Tax LawsIn each of the above papers, the weightage for objective type questions would be 30%. The remaining questions i.e., 70% of the paper would be as per the present pattern of assessment. The objective type questions will be in the nature of multiple choice questions having 1 or more marks. There will be no negative marking for wrong answers. It may be noted that objective type questions will be compulsory and there will be no internal or external choice in them.