1. With a view to strengthen the country’s fight against the corona virus pandemic, the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India ( ICAI ) has appealed its members to contribute towards the emergency fund.
2. The COVID-19 pandemic marks an unprecedented time in modern history that will require the best of humanity to overcome. Little would have we realised the unfolding of epidemic like this, which situation is yet unfolding, and have brought the economic momentum to a much lower trajectory.
3. Situation like this would need support to collaborate with the government initiatives to scale up governmental efforts to help those in distress,” the Institute said in a statement.
4. At this moment, the affected people in India will need help to tide over the viral disease, and in this scenario, ICAI has decided to stand with our distressed fellow countrymen, and actively participate in the national effort to support them at this difficult time.
5. Due to the ongoing lockdown, much needed on the ground of social distancing and therefore ‘stay home’ advisory from the government; some of our fellow countrymen will need extensive support from the government.
6. Further, we need to contribute to the government initiatives to bolster necessary infrastructure and human ware to fight this epidemic,” the Institute said.
7. The link to donate the contributions to provide much-needed relief for the people affected by the viral disease and those who are in distress is available in the official website. As per the press release, the donations can be made through Demand Draft, Cheque, RTGS and online mode; offline collections in form of cheques/demand draft should be given in the name of “ICAI COVID 19 Relief Fund”.
8. All such offline contributions can be made in the ICAI Bank Account having the following details:
Bank: HDFC Bank
Account No.: 50100098409265
IFSC No: HDFC0000590
9. The collected amount will be given to PRIME MINISTER’S NATIONAL RELIEF FUND.
10. All contributions towards this Fund are exempt from Income Tax under Section 80G.
11. The donors are requested to give their name, membership number /student registration number, address, amount and date of contribution, PAN details (if any) so that receipts could be obtained from Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund for onward transmission to the donors. The address and other contact details are available in the website.
The full appeal can be read at :https://www.icai.org/new_post.html?post_id=16403&c_id=240