Audit has somehow become the most dreadful subjects for students. Be it the humongous portion or ICAI requirements in respect of answering questions, majority of students feel scared of this subject.
But not any more. We’ve got your back. Here are some tips that can really make a difference to not just your report card but also help you achieve CA degree smoothly. Let’s dive in.
- Divide and Rule- By this I mean you should divide the entire portion weightage wise while considering what’s easy and what’s not. For example, Professional Ethics are moderately easy and scoring at the same time. Company Audit which will be covered in Law as well would help you fetch around 8 marks. SAs are bit difficult and if you really apply math well, those 30-35 marks getting divided among so many SAs leaves a room of 1 mark for every SA. But you can’t ignore SAs, so lets get to the next point.
- One SA every day- Undoubtedly, SAs are boring. But you can’t ignore them completely. So what you can do is- cover one SA in a day and simultaneously do the relevant questions as well. These days scanners are available in market wherein questions are properly organized SA wise. And hey we are also providing brief about SAs on CA page.
- Which book to refer- Well ICAI material is the most important. You can’t deny that. But since most of the students find it difficult to chalk out the relevant points from this material, you can refer Pankaj Garg’s modules and scanner.
- Don’t ignore other topics- Students emphasize so much on PE, SAs and Company Audit that they ignore other chapters altogether. And that’s where you can play your trump card. Peer Review, Bank audit, cooperative societies, audit strategy etc, all of these topics should be thoroughly done. You will most likely get to see a direct question from such topics.
- Audio Clips- This is one of the best ways to stay in touch with the subject and not find it boring. Once you are done with the topic, make an audio clip and listen to it while relaxing. Focus on keywords and headlines while making audio clips.
- Discuss with a friend- Make a pact with your friend that he/she will prepare a certain topic and you will prepare the other. Later on, one would teach the another. This is the best way to learn, revise and save time.
Hope this helps.