1. Changes in filing requirement of GSTR-9 and GSTR-9C
* For 2017-18, Return filing is optional for Aggregate turnover is up to ₹2 crores. ( The turnover will be calculated from 1st July, 2017 to 31st March, 2017).
* The simplifications notified in form GSTR-9 and GSTR-9C is effective only for FY 2017-18 and FY 2018-19.
* For FY 2017-18, the last date of filing GSTR-9 and GSTR-9C is extended to 31st Jan, 2020.
* For FY 2018-19, the last date of filing GSTR-9 and GSTR-9C is extended to 31st March, 2020.
2. Simplification made in GSTR-9 (1)
* In Table 4B to 4E and 5A to 5F, taxpayer given option to fill details net of CN, DN and amendment.
* Option to fill exempt, nil rated and non-gst supplies on consolidated basis in Table 5D.
* ITC bifurcation into input, capital goods and input services made optional. If want to report, report under top row only.
* ITC related to RCM goods from registered and unregistered can be merged and reported under table 6D.
3. Simplification made in GSTR-9C (2)
* Entire ITC reversal as per Rule 37,39,42,43 and Section 17(5) can be reported under Table 7H.
* Reversal on account of TRAN-1 (Table 7F) and TRAN-2 (Table 7G) can be reported separately.
* Table 12,13,15 and 18 are optional.
* Option to upload other ITC related information in Table 8A to 8D must be duly signed in PDF format in GSTR-9C without CA certification.
4. Simplification made in GSTR-9C
* Cash flow statement (CFS) not mandatory.
* Auditor required to give “True & Fair” opinion instead of “True & correct”.
* Table 14 is optional.
* Option provided “Not to fill ITC booked in previous FY claimed in previous FY” and “ITC booked in current FY to be claimed in next FY” in Table 12.
* Option provided not to fill unbilled revenue, unadjusted advances and other entries in Table 5.
* Any adjustment requiring reporting can be reported in Table 5O.