1. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) on Thursday proposed to empanel members to act as Observers for the November 2020 CA Examinations.
2. The Institute scheduled the November 2020 CA Examinations namely Foundation, Intermediate (IPC), Intermediate and Final exams (Old and New scheme, PQC) from 1st November to 18th November 2020, except 13th & 14th November 2020.
3. The Institute prescribed the eligibility criteria for the empanelment of members, to act as Observers. The announcement said that the member applying for observer should not be more than 65 years of age as on the date of empanelment; i.e. 20th August 2020. His/her name should have been borne on the Register of Members as on 1st May 2018, and continues to be so.
“Neither he/she nor his/her relatives or dependant is / will be appearing in the ensuing Chartered Accountants Examinations for students / Post – Qualification Course Examinations in November 2020 in any examination centres in India or Abroad. However, applying or appearance in ISA – AT will not be considered a disability for observership for November 2020 Examinations,” the announcement sailed while elaborating on the eligibility criteria for empanelment.
4. Empanelment, he/she is not coaching students for any of the examinations/tests conducted by the Council of the Institute in any institutions/organization including Regional Councils / Branches of the Institute and also private coaching.
5. He/she has not been convicted by any court of Law and no disciplinary proceedings are pending against him/her, either by the ICAI / Disciplinary Directorate or by any other organization, both in India or abroad.
6. He/she is not associated with the Institute as an elected/co-opted member of the Council / Regional Council / Managing Committee of any Branch of the ICAI.
7. He/she shall abide by the Guidelines for Observer and/or any other instructions.
“Honorarium of ` 1500/- per day / per session and 350/- as conveyance reimbursement for ‘A’ class cities and ` 250/- for other cities per day (to cover the cost of local travel) besides reimbursement of postal, stationery, telephone expenses, if any, will be paid,” the announcement said.
8. The announcement while elaborating on the duty of the observer said that a member will be allotted duties in the city of his professional address only as per Institute’s records; in case any member is unable to perform his / her assignment, the same may be communicated to the Examination Department well in advance so that alternative arrangement can be made.
9. The windows for the empanelment will be opened from 20 August 2020. The windows for the empanelment will be Closing on 10 September 2020. The Hosting of the details of allotment of assignments will be done on 20 October 2020.