Verification of Returns
- Whether supplies as per books of account and GSTR 1 are same?
- If not same, whether reconciliation statement has been prepared?
- Whether in the reconciliation statement any items are there on which GST was payable during the year?
- Whether expenses on which RCM is payable reconciles with RCM as declared in GSTR-3B?
Filing of Returns and GST Payments
- Whether tax has been paid within the prescribed due dates?
- In case of late payments whether interest has been paid?
- Whether GST collected has been remitted or there is any excess collection?
- Whether returns as applicable have been filed within the due dates?
- In case of late filing whether late fees has been paid?
- Whether late fees waived has been credited in cash ledger?
- Whether transitional credit Returns are filed within the due date?
- Whether the Returns filed for refund have been appropriately accounted in the books of account?
Input Tax Credit
- Whether input tax credit is taken based on eligible documents having all the prescribed particulars as per the Rules made in this regard?
- Whether the goods / services on which ITC is claimed has been received by the entity before taking ITC?
- Whether in case of purchase of capital goods, if ITC is claimed, ensure no depreciation is claimed?
- Whether the vendors (other than RCM) have been paid within 180 days from the date of invoice?
- Whether the entity supplies both taxable and exempt/non-GST supplies?(as Rule 42 & 43 is required to be followed).
- Whether ITC has been taken on list of blocked credits u/s. 17(5)?
- Any Reversal of input tax credit for the goods sent for job work?
- Whether Input tax credit is reversed against the receipt of Credit Note?
- Whether wrong ITC availed has been reversed along with interest?