As the date for filing the GSTR-9 (annual return) and GSTR-9C (Audit report) is getting closer. So, let us know about what should be checked.
Following are the Documentation Checklist for commencing GST Audit:
- Signed State wise Financial Statements.
- Ledger accounts of all the receipts/expenses/ fixed assets/ all other heads reflected in Financial Statements.
- Tax Audit Report along with the Computation of Income for FY 2017-18 along with Form 26AS.
- List of Goods/Services supplied by the client along with HSN/SAC and GST Rates Charged by it.
- Monthly GSTR 3b and GSTR 1, GSTR 2A.
- Monthly GST Working.
- Documentation in case of Reverse Charge Payment – Self Invoice etc.
- Details of any Advances received/ adjustment at the end of the financial year.
- List of all Debit/credit notes issued during the financial year.
- Copy of GST TRAN-01 (if any) filed for carry forward of Input Tax Credit from previous regime along with Earlier Returns for Quarter ending 30th June 2017.
- Copy of Registration taken as Casual Taxable Person (CTP) if any during the financial year along with the invoices issued under said CTP.
- Copy of Electronic Credit Ledger and Electronic Cash Ledger.
- In case of export of goods, copy of all invoices along with Shipping Bill and other relevant documents.
- In case of export of services, copy of Invoices along with the Foreign Inward Remittance Certificate (FIRCs ) and all other relevant documents.
- Copies of all the inspections/notices (if any) issued by the GST department and the replies submitted to them.
- Monthly ITC reversal workings along with final reversal.
- Transitional Credits Availed along with workings.
- List of supplies along with HSN and rate adopted.
- Copy of refund applications (if any) filed during the FY.
- Refund Claim Orders received.
- List of Advance Rulings applied
The above list is an illustrative list. Documents are to be maintained as per the applicability of the specific provisions under Goods and Service Tax Act along with Rules.