CBI officials has arrested seven persons, including two senior officers of the National Projects Construction Corporation (NPCC) Limited on Monday for demanding a bribe of Rs 40 lakh for passing bills related to the construction of BSF border outposts.
Bribe process and the arrest has been proceed as:
- Kotwal and Pasha had made a demand of bribe of Rs 33 lakh from Anish Baid for passing the bills for construction of Border Security Force (BSF) border outposts done by his firm.
- Kotwal also asked Anish Baid to pay Rs. 3 lakh as an initial payment to his office who were processing his pending.
- Kotwal further instructed Anish Baid to transfer Rs. 40 lakh as bribe to him in Delhi.
- Anish Baid has made a transfer of Rs 25 lakh through a ‘hawala’ channel to Delhi through one Vinit Agarwal (a businessman in Assam)
- Once money has brought in Delhi, Anish Baid informed Kotwal to make arrangements to collect the money and asked his relative Sunil Kumar to visit Delhi between July 13 and 15 to collect the money.
- The collection of money was arranged at a hotel in the Safdarjung Enclave where CBI team has conducted a raid when Sunil Kumar was receiving Rs. 25 lakhs from Ramesh Kumar as a part payment of the bribe decided on behalf of Kotwal.
The persons involved and arrested in bribe case are Rakesh Mohan Kotwal, NPCC Zonal Manager and Latiful Pasha, Manager and five other people — Anish Baid, owner of Shree Gautam Construction Company, Binod Singhi, director in Baid’s company, Ramesh Kumar, an employee in the company, Sunil Kumar, Kotwal’s relative and one Dharmendra Kumar.
Other people involved in this case were arrested later when the questioning raised and information collected by CBI Team.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has also conducted searches at 18 locations in Delhi, silchar, Jalpaiguri, Guwahati and Gwalior etc.