1. The Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Jammu has recognised Chartered Accountancy (CA) qualification under Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) as an equivalent to a Master’s degree.
2. The ICAI President CA. Prafulla P. Chhajed informed that the Indian Institute of Management, Jammu (IIM, Jammu) has recognised Chartered Accountancy qualification as an equivalent to a Master’s degree to pursue a PhD Programme in IIM, Jammu.
3. ICAI President also added that, With this recognition, a total of 104 Universities, 7 IIMs and 2 IIT (Madras and Bombay) (Total 113 Universities/Institutions) have recognised Chartered Accountancy qualification for pursuing a Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) programme.
4. Recently, Patna University, Visvesvaraya Technological University of Belagavi, Karnataka, has recognized the Chartered Accountancy qualification as equivalent to their Master degree allowing our members to pursue their PhD Programme. Thus, so far, 103 Universities, 6 IIMs and 2 IITs (i.e. a total of 111 institutions) have recognized our CA qualification for pursuing the PhD programme.
5. Chartered Accountancy course of ICAI is being accepted and recognised in the country as well as globally from both academic and professional perspectives. While on the one hand, ICAI is constantly entering into new MRAs and MoUs with foreign and international accounting bodies with acceptance of our CA qualification abroad.