On Friday, World Bank announced the appointment of Anshula Kant as Managing Director and Chief Financial Officer of the World Bank Group. Kant is currently a Managing Director of the State Bank of India (SBI), where she previously served as Chief Financial Officer.
Responsibility as MD and CFO
Kant will be responsible for financial and risk management of the World Bank Group, reporting to the President. Her work also possess the oversight of financial reporting, risk management, and working closely with the World Bank CEO on mobilization of IDA and other financial resources.
- Graduated in Economic Honours from Lady Shri Ram College for Women.
- Post-Graduate in Economics from Delhi School of Economics.
Career role in SBI
- As CFO of the SBI, Kant managed USD 38 billion of revenues and total assets of USD 500 billion.
- Improved the capital base and focused on the long-term sustainability.
- SBI also appreciated for improvement in its asset quality as gross non-performing assets reduced to 7.53 per cent of gross advances at end March 2019 as against 10.91 per cent by end of March 2018.
She has also been at a post of Managing Director and member of the Board since September 2018.
- More than 35 years of expertise in finance, banking, and innovative use of technology
- Excelled at a diverse array of leadership challenges including risk, treasury, funding, regulatory compliance and operations.
- Helped in navigating a diverse array of leadership challenge.
- Compliance and Stressed Asset Portfolio, creation of investment opportunities while empowering risk management throughout the bank.