1. The ICAI’s Important Announcement dated 23rd October 2020 had prescribed for the “Opt-Out” Scheme for November 2020 examination which was to become operative as under:
In the extant form the “OPT-OUT” Scheme was to be available to the students satisfying any of the following conditions:
- (a) The students who are currently COVID-19 positive or having symptoms of COVID-19 at any time upto the conclusion of exams;
- (b) Whose Family members with whom the students are staying are COVID-19 positive or become COVID-19 Positive at any time upto the conclusion of exams;
- (c) If the area in which the student’s residence is located is declared as Containment Zone by the Central Government/State Government/Local Authorities at any time upto the conclusion of exams.
2. Considering the requests of large number of students and keeping in view their general well-being and safety, it has been decided that the students who have already submitted online examination application for November 2020 Examination cycle and are satisfying any of the conditions as mentioned in (a) to (c) above will be allowed to OPT-OUT and carry forward their candidature to another examination cycle i.e. November, 2020 Examination Cycle-II to be conducted in the second half of January 2021/ first half of February 2021. In this case, the examination fees and exemption, if any, of the particular student will automatically be shifted and carried forward to next examination i.e. November 2020 cycle-II and this attempt (November 2020) will not be counted. The student will not be required to apply afresh or pay any fees for November 2020 Examination cycle-II at the relevant time.