Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) announced that the new Aadhaar card will now come in a completely new form, reprinted as a polyvinyl chloride (PVC) card. The size of the new PVC Aadhaar card is that of an ATM or a debit card which can be easily carried in wallets.
This card is expected to be loaded with the latest security features, your Aadhaar is now more durable, convenient to carry, instantly verifiable, Good printing quality and lamination along with more durable and convenient to carry. It has the latest security features like hologram, Guilloche Pattern, ghost image & Microtext. It also has an instant offline verification by QR code and Embossed Aadhaar Logo, with Issue Date & Print Date.
Here’s how to apply for the Aadhaar PVC Card for registered and non registered numbers:
- Open the official official website of UIDAI and under ‘My Aadhaar’ section, click on ‘Order Aadhaar PVC Card’.
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number or 16 digit Virtual ID or 28 digit EID to begin.
- Now enter the security code or captcha code shown in the picture and click on ‘Send OTP’.
- You will receive OTP on the registered mobile number.
- Now enter OTP and submit it.
- For non registered mobile number, Click on “My Mobile number is not registered” option. Please enter Non-Registered / Alternate Mobile Number.
- Click on “Send OTP”.
- After submitting, you will get a preview copy of your PVC Card.
- Click on the payment option, pay ₹50 to order the PVC Card. There are no limits on the number of order and the amount is applicable on each order.
- The Aadhaar PVC card will be delivered by Speed Post within 5 working days (excluding the date of request).
The status of the Aadhaar PVC card can be tracked on the UIDAI website. Click on ‘My Aadhaar’ tab, under that ‘Check Aadhaar PVC card status’. You will be required to enter 28-digit SRN, 12-digit Aadhaar number and captcha code. The status of your Aadhaar PVC card will reflected after clicking on ‘Check Status’.
All forms of Aadhaar (e-Aadhhar, mAadhaar, Aadhaar letter, Aadhaar card) are equally valid. The resident has the choice to use any of these forms of Aadhaar issued by UIDAI. The “Order Aadhaar PVC Card” service is available online on demand for the residents similar to online “Order Aadhaar Reprint” Service.