1. The Central Government has issued Notification allowing Health and Motor (Third Party) insurance policyholders to make premium payments till May 15th which are due for renewal during COVID-19 lockdown,
2. With a view to mitigating hardship to the policyholders whose Health and Motor (Third Party) insurance policies are due for renewal during COVID-19 lockdown, the Central Government issued Notifications allowing such policyholders to make premium payments till May 15th.
3. This will ensure a continued cover and hassle-free claims payment during the grace period. The notification says that the policyholders whose health or motor vehicle third party insurance policies fall due for renewal during the period on and from the 25th March 2020 up to the 3rd May 2020 and who are unable to make payment of their renewal premium on time in view of the prevailing situation in the country as a result of Corona Virus disease (COVID-19), are allowed to make such payment for renewal of policies to their insurers on or before the 15th May 2020 to ensure continuity of the statutory motor vehicle third party insurance cover from the date on which the policy falls due for renewal so that any valid claim triggered during the grace period can be paid.
4. Similarly, if your health insurance policy is expiring and is due for renewal in the period from March 25, 2020, to April 14, 2020, you can renew your policy by April 21, 2020 in case of Regular health insurance policy
5. If your current compulsory third-party Motor insurance policy is expiring between March 25, 2020, and April 14, 2020, and you are not able to renew your policy because of country-wide lockdown then you can renew such motor insurance policy by April 21, 2020 in case of Third-Party Motor Insurance.