Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
The India Wide Parents Association has made a representation to the Indian Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICAI) for providing “reliefs in student’s favor who are impacted by the CA exam cancellation due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.”
While addressing to the ICAI President, the representation comes in the light of the hearing before the court on July 13, (in Anubha Srivastava Sahai vs. Indian Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICAI))
Here are the suggestions made in the representations
- After the combined examinations of the November 2020 and May 2020, the institute shall specifically mention the as to which attempt student belongs to, i.e. May 2020 or November 2020.
- Give the options to the IPCC Students reading the commencement of the articleship i.e. either permit them provisionally to commence articleship from August 2020 or reduce the time period from 2.5 to 2 years.
- Allow students to come back to their native places from the cities to continue the WFH.
- CA Final student’s articleship should not be affected due to the postponement of May 2020 exams and not able to attend the office due to COVID-19. Therefore, the postponement period should be considered as “Period considered as served under the articleship.” It will save them from the articleship extension.
- Work from home time hours should be strictly limited to the 7-8 hours so that students can prepare well for their exams as well along with the office work.
- Student’s queries should be responded within 48 hours through email or social media.
- CA Final students who were supposed to be taking exams in May 2020 be provided with the requisite degree.
- Articles who are not able to physically visit the office for the work should be given the following options:
a) Make the Work from Home compulsory for the articles
b) Those who have not the equipment for work from home may be allowed to get themselves transferred to their local hometown firms without any restrictions by their Principals.
Additionally, the letter suggested some solutions for the CA Final students such as providing them a provisional degree, so that the deserving candidates can take up jobs and can give their final exams in the coming 3 years.