Precautions to be taken in the light of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
1. UGC has been issuing advisories from time to time (05.03.2020 and 14.03.2020) for universities and their affiliated colleges regarding preventive measures to be undertaken in the wake of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
2. Further, reference above, a communication dated 18th March, 2020 has been received from the Secretary, Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, that adequate precautionary measures are to be taken by the institutions to face the situation arising out of COVID-19.
3. Therefore all the Universities are requested to take the following precautionary measures:
- All ongoing University examinations may be rescheduled after 31st March, 2020.
- All evaluation work may be rescheduled after 31st March, 2020.
- All Educational Institutions to maintain regular communication with the students and teachers through electronic means and keep them fully informed so that there is no anxiety amongst the students, teachers and parents.
- All Educational Institutions to notify helpline numbers/emails which students can access for their queries.
4. All Universities and Colleges are further requested to advice the students, parents, teachers and staff not to panic, and take preventive and precautionary measures to combat COVID-19.
To check the press release click here: https://pib.gov.in/PressReleseDetail.aspx?PRID=1607142