PM chairs review meeting on COVID-19, will address nation tonight at 8 PM
1. Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi chaired a high-level meeting to review the ongoing efforts to contain COVID-19.
2. Ways to further strengthen India’s preparedness were discussed. This includes further enhancing testing facilities.
3. Prime Minister emphasized on actively engaging with individuals, local communities and organisations in chalking our mechanisms to fight the COVID-19 menace.
4. He also urged officials and technical exports to deliberate on the steps to be taken next.
5. Prime Minister expressed gratitude to all those at the forefront of combating COVID-19 including the various State Governments, medical fraternity, paramedical staff, armed and paramilitary forces, those associated with aviation sector, municipal staff and others.
6. Prime Minister will address the nation on 19th March 2020 at 8 PM, during which he will talk about issues relating to COVID-19 and the efforts to combat it.
To read the full text of the Press release click here: https://pib.gov.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=200422