ICAI not to conduct any program for students or members till 15 April
1. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India has issued directions that no programme/class for Members & Students till 15th April 2020 will be conducted in the wake of COVID-19.
2. Earlier advisory to Regional Councils and Branches had been issued on 11th March, 2020 regarding avoiding large gathering as precautionary measure to prevent any spread of COVID-19.
3. The Council held a Special Meeting on 12th March, 2020 and has reviewed the said Advisory in light of the ongoing spurt of the COVID-19 virus.
4. In the special meeting it has been decided as a proactive measure in the interest of the well-being of Members and Students and other stakeholders, to completely restrict conduction of any programme / class by any Regional Council/Branch/Central Level Committee, Students Association, Branches of Student Associations, CPE Study Circle of ICAI or any other Programme Organising Units (POUs) which requires physical presence of Members and Students with immediate effect, till 15th April, 2020 or any further direction in the matter.
5. In the meeting the council has also decided that out of 20 hours structured CPE learning which is mandated to be completed by Members below 60 years holding COP, in each calendar year, wherein 04 hours of structured learning could be through e-Learning Videos available on ICAI Digital Learning Hub, conducted and monitored by ICAI and its Central Committees (on MCQ and result basis),the 04 hours has been extended to 10 hours till 30th June, 2020.
6. All the Central level Committee Secretaries are advised to further expand the repository of online subject modules for Continuing Professional Development of membership.
7. Accordingly, the Council has decided to issue Direction to all concerned directing them not to conduct any programme(s) / Class(es) relating to Members and Students with immediate effect till 15th April, 2020 or any further direction in the matter.
8. All the programme(s) / class(es) already announced and in progress shall also be cancelled/ postponed, till that date.
Read the full notice here:https://www.icai.org/new_post.html?post_id=16371&c_id=219